1/7/11

3 Years Ago Today....

I was asked the most amazing question a girl can be asked...and obviously I said yes!  Yep, that's right, 3 years ago today, the hubs asked me to be his wife.  It was one of the most amazing days of my life and I literally felt like I was on top of the world! 

A little background info first...
All the years I have worked I can only think of a small, small handful of times that I would ever "call in" sick and I would really be sick-never did I just "call in" to play hookie.  I guess b/c I had always worked retail and needed every hour that I could get and then after I started my "big girl" job, I just wanted to prove to my bosses that I was committed and serious about my work.  Also, Mitch works 4 ten hour work days a week, so he is off every single Monday (yes I know, he sucks) and is always asking me to take off with him b/c he gets bored  hanging out by himself all day since no one else is off. 

Back to the story...
It started on a Sunday night over at my parents house taking Christmas decorations down.  Mitch kept asking me all day to take off the next day (as usual) and spend the day with him.  Little did I know that while I was vaccumming up pine needles from the Christmas tree, he was in the kitchen asking my parents for permission to marry me! I truly don't know why I agreed to take part in his little shenanigans that next day (God's work), but I did...I faked a terrible stomach bug and began to get ready for our lunch date.  

We went to eat at a pizzeria called La Dama in Trussville (it's closed down now, not sure why either b/c it was yummy!).  Afterwards he kept asking me what I wanted to do next and suggested we go to Ruffner Mountain.  I thought this would be a great idea since I had never been...little did I know that we would be hiking like 10 miles  a mile to one of the prettiest views I had ever seen.
We got to the top of the mountain, sat down, talked and were basically just catching our breath and enjoying the view.  I was acting all classy, slurping my straw and in my own little world, and when I turned around, he was holding my ring with the cutest look on his face ever! I kept asking him if he was serious-I was in complete shock-and he told me that if I didn't answer him, he was going to jump!  I, of course said yes and  we began our hike down the hill to go tell everyone and show off my beautiful new sparkler!

That night was the National Championship game (don't remember what teams, sorry), so we went to Phoenix and OJ's house to have some champagne and celebrate with all of our friends! 
It was truly one of the most special moments that we have shared together as a couple.  I guess it just made us instantly feel like grown ups and that we would be true partners for life.  I say it all the time, but I am truly the luckiest girl in the world to have him in my life and am even luckier that he chose me! :)

I love you babe!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful story, beautiful ring, and beautiful couple! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Tiff! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete