2/21/11

We didn't start the fire...


 a little flash back music inspiration for this beautiful Monday!  (not a very good picture, but you get my point)

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous outside and we made every effort possible to enjoy every minute of it!  Saturday morning, we took Wrigley for a long walk and I think it did all of us some good, even though the hubs was cussing me the whole time b/c he wanted to be sitting on the sofa-love you honey!  It was so great to not have to wear layers upon layers of clothing and to actually sweat a little bit outside for a change. :) 
Saturday night we headed out to Ty's house out in Springville for a bonfire.  It was apparently a guy thing, but my PIC Phoenix and I decided to crash their party. :)  We had so much fun talking, listening to some throwback jams from way back and we even managed to fit in a little bit of gun shootin' and trail ridin' too!

All our country boys
and the "country"girls
Just hanging out
Ryan, Jake, Luke, Ty, Shane and OJ
Ben doing his fire dance...it was late...
What happens to OJ after a long day of golf, shooting guns, and bonfires...

Also, for those of you who know me, I am not a gun person...I have only held 1 (well after this weekend 3) in my whole life.  With that being said, OJ thought it would be a good idea for me to shoot his gun...a 12 gauge sawed off shot gun! (I think it was more for comic relief than anything!) And yes, ladies and gentlemen, I did it! 
I have video evidence of not only me shooting said bad a** gun, but also evidence that I am still a girly girl at heart, no matter how "country" I try to be, hence the girly squeal after I shoot it! 

We ended the night with some trail ridin' out to Inland Lake which is on his property...it was a fun, interesting ride with some very precarious hills, holes, and rocks that all required a four wheel drive and beer, but Ty got us back safely and we had a ball! 

Sorry for the long post and hope this wonderful weather stays!


2 comments:

  1. When I played your video, McGraw heard the dogs barking, and decided to do his own territorial bark and dance!! I wish I had that on video ;) Good job for shooting the gun, cuntry gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just came across your blog :) its so cute! ohmygosh what great pictures! way to shoot that gun girl! that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete