5/2/11

Art in the Park

Since the hubs is still working tirelessly to get everyone's power back up and running, I was a single girl this weekend, so I pawned myself off on my parents! 

Sunday we went to Art in the Park in downtown  Birmingham.  It is an outdoor art show where artists from all over the country come to show off and possibly sell (we are too poor to afford most anything) their pieces.  You can find anything from canvas paintings to photography to jewelry to pottery.  Plus it doesn't hurt that you get to enjoy the beautiful weather and outrageously expensive art all while drinking  some wine/beer (or if you're my parents "Lipton's green tea" which happens to look just like wine-hhmm). 

Sitting in a $4,000 wooden rocking chair-yes you heard me right. :)
And you ask yourself, "Did Amanda wait in line with all of the other little kiddos to get their picture made under the rainbow?"-absolutely! :)
This booth freaked me out a bit...
This guy was really cool.  Those are paintings of pictures-not photo canvases that are enhanced with paint, just straight up paintings...so talented and the detail work was amazing!
This is not a great picture (i was trying to be discrete and not piss off the artist) but I thought it was so the hubs and I-baseball for him and the ballet shoes for me! 

There were quite a few new artists booths here this year which is always good to see.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment