1/25/12

Thankful

Since my last post we have had quite a bit of excitement here in good ol' Alabama...a tornado...in January.
Who would have thought...

Sunday night/Monday morning, an F3 tornado came through our city of Clay-Chalkville/Pinson/Center Point area.  It touched down almost like a pogo stick, damaging over 200 homes and killing 2 people. 

We are so much more than lucky that it did not effect us or our home physically, even though it was less than 2 miles from our house, but I can tell you that only 2 days later, I am a forever changed person after seeing a small fraction of the aftermath. It is one thing to see the pictures on TV or Facebook, but it is quite another to see the devastation, even from a distance, in person...I just cried the first time I saw it in utter disbelief.

 We know multiple people who were directly and indirectly impacted by this storm.  I have had these people on my mind 24/7 since Monday morning and it is only a reminder of how very lucky we are and thankful that God was watching over us.

I pass 3 of the 4 neighborhoods everyday on my way to work and home and the roads are almost unrecognizable now. 
Needless to say my view on my drive to work has changed dramatically...

Driving on Old Springville Road towards Chalkville Mtn Road
One of the neighborhoods-Georgebrook. Both Mitch and I have co-workers that lived here...thankfully they were both ok but did suffer damage to their homes. 
Across the street from Georgebrook

This is not on my daily drive, but is in another neighborhood, Pilgrims Rest that was seriously damaged. 
This is one of our friends Whitney and Beau's house...thankfully they are also safe. 

1 comment:

  1. So, so sad. So thankful you guys are okay.

    ReplyDelete