5/17/12

Our Sweet Pea's growing!

I always had these certain ideas, plans, thoughts, projects in my head of "when we get pregnant, I'm going to do this and that" and then when the time finally comes I lose my mind, get overwhelmed and do nothing.
  I did the same thing when we got married-had all the intentions in the world of doing cute, homemade "save the dates" and other DIY things and of course, when it came tiem to step up, I crashed.

So with all of that being said, I think that every single belly pic that we have taken thus far, I hate! I either don't like the angle, or I look ghostly pale and sickly or I hate my outfit choice, or I'm just not happy with how we "propped" the pics and now we are already into week 16!
So basically, no going back now and
hoping the pics grow on me in the coming weeks. :)
(also hoping the get some color on my pale Irish skin very soon...come on pool time!)

I plan on doing the little weekly questionaire starting next week, b/c until now, there really hasn't been much to update on. 

I honestly can not complain at all about this pregnancy...I've been super lucky to not have any sickness,  (knock on wood immediately) and have felt pretty great! 
In the first trimester, I immediately lost 2 lbs (who gets pregnant and loses weight beats me) and was so very sleepy. 
All I wanted to do was sleep. 
I almost felt like I was in a bit of a cloud.
I got a little nausesous the first week or so (just really feeling icky) and just wanted to eat grilled cheese for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  But after getting some B-Nexa (a natural supplement with ginger and folic acid) for the nauseous feeling, and stepping into the second trimester, I'm feeling more me.   :)
We went to the doctor last Monday and I was 15 weeks and had gained the 2 lbs I lost earlier, putting me back at my pre-pregnancy weight...basically starting me back off at square one. 

So, withut further ado, here are the belly pics from the first few weeks of out little Sweet Pea...
(you will also notice that someone was super offended when we started taking pics and he wasn't invited, so now he is included in every weekly pic

10 weeks (April 1, 2012)

11 weeks (April 8, 2012)

12 weeks (April 15, 2012-hubs birthday)

13 weeks (April 22, 2012)

14 weeks (April 29, 2012)
(my photog had a few brewski's playing golf and didn't feel it necessary to zoom out-damn free help!)

15 weeks (May 6, 2012)

16 weeks (May13, 2012)
Mitch thought I needed to show some skin since this was really the first week that I kind of started to show a bit, so here you go...

So there you have it, Sweet Pea growing away!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! You are simply beautiful and glowing!! and of COURSE you should include big brother in the picture!! I can't want to see what he does with the baby...stand guard all day I am sure! I am just so excited for your sweet family and look forward to weekly updates!!!

    Love to you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so precious! I'm so excited...and can't believe you are already 16 weeks. It is flying! Can wait to find out blue or pink so I can get to sewing/monogramming. :) Love you big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! You jumped from 15 (nothing) to showing at week 16! You look so cute! Can't wait to keep seeing the growing bump and changes!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete