5/16/12

Jam-packed weekend!

I first want to apologize for announcing such wonderful, exciting news and then dropping off of the face of the earth...I have been slammed with work (believe it or not), best friends having babies, and  making sure Baby Thompson is well taken care of in here!
Don't worry I have actually been documenting all of this and will catch up in the next few days...promise!
So, let's start with this past weekend, shall we?!
We kick-started our Saturday morning by going to watch Hunter's baseball game
and play with this wild man!
Cohen had a field day with his orange push pop!
how you will usually find Cohen with a baseball bat in his hand :)
The game didn't turn out exactly how we would have liked but it was so good to see the boys and hang out for the afternoon.  They truly love their Uncle Mitch (and Aunt Manda or Anananda as Cohen so loving calls me)and just can't get enough of his love and attention. :)

Saturday night we went to our friends Julie and Will's wedding shower at On Tap in Lakeview.  While the weather wasn't ideal (raining and the temp dropped quite a bit) we still had fun catching up with friends we don't get to see all the time. 

The happy couple-Julie and Will
the boys
 the gals
Mere and I with the Caffey women!
Autumn and Pat got married last weekend and sadly we couldn't make the wedding.
Later that night, we swung by to meet up with our dear sweet friends Haley and Kevin since they were in town for Mother's day.  We don't get to see them nearly enough and to be honest, there just aren't that many people that this preggo will stay up till 1:00AM (sober) for, but she's one of 'em! ;) 

Haley, Jordan and I
 Love her and miss her so much and it was wonderful to play catch up.  We literally just pick right back up where we left off last and I love that about our relationship! ;)

Sunday was Mother's Day (my first "unoffical" Mother's Day too) so we made our rounds to see the hubs mom and later went to dinner with my parents. 
I never even thought about bringing my camera out once until I was getting into bed that night and thought that it would have been nice to get at least one picture of the hubs and I on my first "unoffical" Mother's Day, but oh well, can't win 'em all.

But I did get a pic of what was waiting for me on my pillow after I got out of the shower...
It's still weird to think that this time next year I'll have a little one wishing me a Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you have to do better at the postings...you know we all want to know what's going on with Baby Thompson!!!

    Oh, and I'm already feeling GIRL!!! I want to put my prediction in early!!!

    :)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete