6/22/12

Transitions...

So I'm not sure how else to even begin to update everyone all 4 of you on our lives lately, so we will just see where this goes...

Since the fire, my parents, brother and the lone survivor, Bandit have been living with us in our 3 bedroom/2 bath house.
  This little guy is a true survivor-since we found him (b/c of course he was a rescue) he has survived heart worms, hookworms, whipworms, a near drowning in our pool and now a house fire!

To say it has been "cozy" would be an understatement, but we wouldn't have had it any other way. 
The thought of my family going to stay anywhere other than in my home, was just plain unacceptable. 

We were able to make it work quite nicely, even with an old dog and a Great Dane, 5 adults, crazy different work schedules, a broken bone thrown in the mix, and oh wait, my family trying to regain/rebuild our lives and start over.

Wrigley loved having his Nana, Pop and Matt to play with him around the clock! He loved having so many options for snuggle time and was thrilled that he got to sleep on the sofa with his uncle Matt every night instead of on his bed, on the floor. :)

The insurance company found my parents and brother a house to rent (fully furnished might I add-right down to towels in the closets and plates in the cabinets) until their house is rebuilt.  It is in the perfect location...literally less than 2 miles from their home.  They moved in Wednesday and our house is super quiet and I think Wrigley is already missing his new little buddy.
 I'm hoping that they can learn to make their new temporary house as much of a "home" as possible until the house is rebuilt. 
Please pray for an easy transtion for them/us...I know that this will be the first of many transitions to come. :)

Even though I do weekly belly updates, but I wanted to make sure and document that this week (Monday to be exact) was the first time that we were able to feel baby girl moving around! Mitch and my mom were both able to feel her kickin' around in there and she has become more and more active throughout the week.  I know that Mitch has got to be getting tired of me telling him every.single.time she moves but it is just so unreal I can't help but share it! ;)

With all of the craziness that is our lives these days, I forgot to share some of our u/s pics of our Sweet Pea. 


If you look at this one sideways, it is her face, although here it appears that she is an alien. :)

and my fav...the profile.  Look at that little button nose and lips!
Isn't she beautiful?!  In love with that little profile!




1 comment:

  1. Love seeing the ultrasound pics of sweat pea! She is precious. I especially love the profile one too! And so glad to hear that your family is getting settled in their new "home". I have been praying for all of you! And Bandit and Wrigs are soo cute!

    ReplyDelete