11/22/10

A Case of the Mondays

I am going to recap our weekend but first, my Monday morning!  My Monday morning started at 5:00AM with Wrigley peeing his bed (yes he is a bed-wetter) and needing to go outside.  This is more normal now in our house than I would like, but still 5:00AM!  Anyways, I let him out, flip over his bed, put him in it and go back to sleep.  Apparently Wrigley was having seperation anxiety this morning and wanted to lay right next to me...this is sweet that he loves his mommy so much but not 10 minutes before my alarm is to go off.  I digress...So I get up, take a shower, put on my makeup, and...what next?  my hairdryer is not coming on AT ALL...really?! After struggling with it for a while I reluctantly woke up the hubs to see if he could fix it...he couldn't, it was dead. :(  Anyways I finally get ready with an old dryer that I had and get to work to be greeted with a bunch of wonderful attitudes and smiles <---please note the sarcasm here. 

Anyways, on to our weekend recap...

Friday night we had a girls night at our friend Andrea's house and the boys were supposed to go to our friend Ty's house for a bon fire.  The Thompson's plans changed slightly when we got home to a very sick puppy (I'll spare you the details-we'll just say that it was not a party to get his room cleaned up and him bathed.  Since Wrigley wasn't feeling well, we didn't want to leave him alone for fear that we would come back home to the same ordeal that we had just encountered.  So the hubs took one for the team and stayed with little man while I went to the girls party since I had already RSVP'd.  Thanks again babe for staying with our bubby...I love you!

Sick Wrigley...poor little guy


Saturday, Wrigley seemed to be feeling much better, so the hubs and I ran a few errands before going on an actual date, which seems like forever since we have been on one of those!  We went to Flip Burger and had the most amazing French Toast milkshake you have ever had-cinnamon ice cream and real chunks of French Toast with powdered sugar-slap yo mamma good! :)  We called it an early night since the hubs had to work the next day. 

Sunday while the hubs was at work, I went to the grocery store to get ready for Turkey Day and then made my way over to my grandparents house to join my parents and helped them paint, take the doors off of the kitchen cabinets to clean them and paint the handles (love DIY Network!) and a multitude of other things that still need to be done. 

It was a sort of busy weekend but still a good one.  I am looking so forward to Thanksgiving and all of the yummy food!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Wrigs! I'm sorry he's sick...hopes he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete