7/29/11

Viva la Mexico-Part Uno

The reason for my absense this week from the blog world is because both my brain and body are still very much on Mexico time.  Not sure when or if I'll get it all back but I'm trying and it has taken me all week to regain what I have thus far! :)

Last week the hubs and I set sail plane for our 3rd anniversary gift to each other-Ocean Coral and Turquesa in Puerto Morelos, Mexico!  We left Monday morning from Atlanta and touched down in Cancun a few short hours later with a cold beer in our hands and our vacation officially beginning!
First I must say, the resort was absolutely gorgeous! I loved everything from the rooms
to the pools (1 of 4 pools-we chose the one with the bar!)
to the views (from our balcony)
to the people (our waiter who was proving to me that the water was in fact "bottled"!)

Monday night after we toured around the resort we made our way to grab some dinner at the Mexican restaurant.

You may not believe me, but this was our least favorite place to eat out of the entire restaurant.  We are assuming that we are just used to "Americanized" Mexican food, so for all we know, we could have been eating the best food at the resort according to the locals, but for us, not the best.  Afterwards, we attempted to stay out, but after a long day of traveling we were ready to hit the hay and be refreshed for the next day!

Tuesday we were up bright and early in the morning and headed straight for the beach!
View from our beach chairs was beautiful!
Our seats were right next to the turtle nests...
We eventually made our way up to the pool bar where we met so many people and hung out in the pool the rest of the day...and by the rest of the day I mean we didn't leave the pool until 8:15!  That night we ate at the ocean front grill in need of some serious food in our bellys!
 I ordered this amazing stuffed sea bass
and the hubs got a rib eye...both very good and much better than the dinner the night before! After dinner we met back up with some of the gals we had met earlier at the pool...to listen to the band on the pool deck and that my friends is when the trouble began! :)

Tequila! :)

To be continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment