4/27/12

Wrigley has some news...


Yes, Baby Thompson will be making his/her arrival October 28th!!!!!
We are almost 14 weeks now and are beyond thrilled to meet our precious Sweet Pea and could not feel more blessed! 
Mitch has been bouncing off of the walls with excitement since the day we found out and hasn't stopped yet.  I, however, think that I am still in shock most days! :) 
Its just crazy to think that its is really happening to us! :)

So, time for a little background on how we found out about our tiny blessing...

Back in February I went to my doc for my fun annual appointment. 
I knew I was late, but that was not completely out of the norm since I was so irregular since we began trying. But I figured if there was anything I needed to know (ie I'm pregnant) they would tell me since they run all kinds of tests anyways. 

Well, I go through my appointment-probably the fastest I have ever gotten through there-only to be written another prescription for prenatal vitamins and sent on my way hoping that the next time he sees me I am nauseous-Thanks Doc!

After calling Mitch and my mom crying b/c I felt so pushed aside and unimportant, I followed my mom's advice and called the nurse back, b/c as she says "sometimes it's just better to talk to a woman".  The nurse adviced me after hearing some of my background info to take a test first thing in the morning and we would go from there-->
if it's postive=hooray 
 if its negative=we had a plan to get me on the right track.

I wake up the next morning (Fat Tuesday-I have no idea why I remember that detail) and as I glance over not expecting to see anything major, I see this:

can't get the pic to rotate

Yep, positive!
Well at this point, the hubs is already at work, so I can't very well call him and tell him over the phone, so I'm forced to go about my normal, every day routine like there is absolutely nothing different than there was the day before...only this day I have a baby in my belly! :)
Hardest.day.ever!

So I decide that I will tell Mitch when he gets home from work.  I wasn't quite sure how I was going to tell him b/c I was a little batty by the end of the day (which is why there is a lack of pics to document) but I knew that I wanted to have Wrigley incorporated into the surprise. 

I bought a baby rattle and tied the note to his collar and when Mitch walked in the door Wrigley greeted him with our wonderful news! 
He was shocked and hasn't stopped grinning since!






3 comments:

  1. Yay for baby Thompson! Soo exciting for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys! You will be amazing parents and that baby will be beautiful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny and I are so excited for you guys!!! Wrigley is going to make such a GREAT BIG brother!!!!! :) I know this will be a beautiful baby!!! Now, start posting those belly pics!!

    With love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete