9/12/12

A new chapter...

As of Saturday afternoon, my family began a new chapter in our lives. 

After months of going back and forth with paperwork, and checks and what-not with the insurance company, my parents house, the house I grew up in and have called home for almost 18 years was taken down. 
It is def a sight to see and certainly nothing I wish on anyone to see their childhood home in a pile of garbage, but in a strange way, it made me happy. It made me happy to see the end of this horrible ordeal that my family has gone through be taken down and their new house, their new life beginning.

They are going to rebuild, on the same lot that they have lived on for 18 years, but this time everything will be new.  There is not one room that will be where it used to be and the house will be what my parents have always wanted-spacious, open and plenty of room for grandbabies to run and play!

front of the house
what used to be the front door
from the driveway looking into the garage
before:
after:
before:
after:
I plan on documenting the rebuild process on here and their is no other place to begin but with the closing if this chapter...

No comments:

Post a Comment