9/10/12

Our crazy weekend

Do you ever have one of those weekends that you feel like ar never going to end?!  Well that was kind of how ours was.

I'll spare you the details, but to make an extremely long story short, the hubs worked 30+ hours overtime in 2 days time, we attended our 8 hr parenting class Saturday, AU lost (again) and we had our baby shower!

Our parenting class was interesting to say the very least, but we both agreed that we are glad that we went b/c it was informative...extremely outdated, but informative all the same!
We learned everything you ever wanted to know about labor and delivery (only to be told half way thru that the examples/videos we were watching were all of natural births!) Um, could have told us that far before I became scarred for life!

After lunch, the class was more focused on newborn care, which I was much more excited about.  I mean, let's be honest, I think it's safe to say that I've got the pregnancy thing down by now and as far as labor a delivery goes, I feel like ignorance is bliss as long as I have drugs, so my real concern is when they send this baby home with us and we are solely responsible for her!
Yes, please help in that area!

We learned how to give a proper bath, swaddle, soothe the baby and change the diapers.  All helpful things for sure, but by the end of the afternoon, delirium due to lack of sleep kicked in with my hubby...

Funny note about the belly suite: After putting it on, the hubs didn't think it was all that bad since we "gradually put on the weight" and he admitted it was heavy, but after I told him to sit downa dn get comfy and bend over, he gained an entirely new outlook on it all and apologized for his earlier statement. 
 I really wish we could rent one of these bellies out for them when we feel we deserve more sympathy! ;)
Our Kung Fu baby


In all seriousness, my hubby couldn't have been a better sport about it all.  With the frustrations at work and the lack of sleep, he was so fun and supportive the entire weekend, especially at the class and it meant so much to me that he was so involved.  

He's going to be an amazing daddy!
Thank you honey! Love you!

2 comments:

  1. Mitch is a good sport! So glad he made it to the class with you. And hopefully you both are getting some rest. And no way I would have wanted to see those videos before. I mean, I've already had 2 and have no desire to watch someone else! Ignorance is def. bliss in that department! ;) And don't worry about bringing her home and taking care of her, etc. Your instincts will kick in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is such a good sport and one of the many reasons I love him! Glad I'm not alone on the ignorance is bliss thing....I just trust the doctors and the drugs!!

      Delete