10/23/12

39 Weeks


How far along:
39 weeks!!!



Weight Gain:
1lb this week, 30lbs total
Of course no woman wants to gain 25-35 lbs (which is recommended during pregnancy), but I def didn't want to go over 30lbs, so I guess as weird as it sounds I am pleased with this number.
But, def can't wait to get it back down to a more reasonable number very soon!


Sleep:
I have been so lucky this whole pregnancy with everything, but def with my sleeping.  With the exception of getting up to potty a few times a night, I have slept like a baby!


Best moment of the week:
Picking out Hollis' birthday-October 25th!!!
Yep, this week she will finally be here and I will be just short of 40 weeks!
We went to the doc last Thursday for another non-stress test and decided that with the fear of having a Halloween baby and my doc being out fo the office the end of next week, we would go ahead and schedule an induction for Wednesday night/Thursday morning!!!
Everything came out wonderful with the non-stress test and we are counting down the hours now to meeting our baby girl! 


Food Cravings:
Probably the biggest "craving" I hae had this entire pregnancy has been this week-Thank you Taco Bell Chicken Cantina Bowl. Something about these have hit the spot this week and I have not been able to get enough of them!
The actual number is not important but lets just say that they may or may not recognize this preggo lady at more than one Taco Bell branch in the Birmignham area.  :)


 
Gender:
GIRL!!!!


 
Movement:
She is still very active as always.  As I have said before it is the number one thing that I am going to miss the most about being pregnant.  While I am beyond excited to meet her, it makes me a little sad that this part is over and I will not be able to just feel her move wherever I go.


What I miss:
I miss my regular shoes-boots and heels!
One of my fav things about fall is wearing my boots and with these fat-so feet the last week or so, I have not been able to shove my foot into anything other than flippy floppy's!


What I am looking forward to:
Duh-meeting our baby girl in just a few days!
There aren't enough words to describe the excitement, anxiety, nerves and pure joy we feel to be able to finally see our precious little bundle that God has blessed us with!

We are so very appreciative to all of our friends and family that have loved, cared and supported all 3 of us throughout this amazing journey. I have said it before, but Hollis will without a doubt be one of the luckiest girls in the world to have so many friends, family and aunts and uncles who already love her so much!



To be honest, with all of this excitement comes quite a bit of fear from the pregnant one that will be giving birth in a few short days. I have never had any medical procedure done-not as much as blood taken from my arm until I got pregnant, so to say there is some anxiety would be an understatement.
But I trust that God has a plan, the doctors have the drugs and that everything will work out wonderfully and at the end of the day, we will have the most beautiful baby girl in our arms!
So, please keep me and my virgin mind in your prayers for the next few days that she will arrive here perfectly healthy and that her mother is stil somewhat sane afterwards! :)












4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! I'll def. be praying for a smooth, easy, quick delivery but most of all healthy baby and mommy. I know you are a little nervous....but it will be great. I promise! Enjoy the entire thing -- it goes by so fast! I can't wait to see that sweet baby girl! Love all 3 (4) of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I CAN'T WAIT!!! This is going to be one beautiful little girl!! Thursday evening you will be looking at your precious gift from God and your new life will begin! Sweet uh...little Wrigley won't know what is going on! :) I will be waiting on pictures!!!!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys!! It is a nervous time,but so much to look forward to. Nubain is you friend =), breakin your water hurts like hell and the rest is just a blur...enjoy the moment and process. Will say a prayer for a safe delivery and healthy baby. Can't wait to see pictures of the sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayayayay! All of the worries, anxiety, and stress will be completely worth it (and over!) the second you see her beautiful healthy face! You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete