9/22/10

Bittersweet Day

Today would have been my Grandmere's 78th birthday.  I named this post bittersweet day b/c obviously she is no longer with us here on earth on her birthday but I am still able to celebrate her life today and remember the wonderful times she was here!
My Grandmere passed away in March of 2009 and it was without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my adult life. I was extremely close with her and she meant the world to me.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and what she would think about our lives now.

She was the most amazing woman in the world and I can't even begin to explain all of the many blessing she taught me throughout my life with her.  She was an amazing cook (taught me how to carefully measure everything-not!) even though laundry was not her strong suit. :)  She had a heart of gold (maybe too much at times if there is such a thing) and the attitude of a rattlesnake and I truly believe she is where I got my stubborn, strong, take-charge kind of attitude (the hubs will tell you this in a heartbeat)!  Her and my PawPaw showed me what real love is and I can only pray that the hubs and I will have that kind of lifelong love and passion for each other the way that they did...the whole 56 years together!

So on this day I want to celebrate the wonderful, giving and inspiring life that was my Grandmere's!
We miss you so much!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment