8/16/10

Expect the Unexpected...

Well as you can tell from my title, this weekend did not go as I had it planned in my head, but it turned out just fine.  Friday, the hubs and I were supposed to go eat sushi with our friends Matt and Jess, but he got called into work and I was forced to crash Matt and Jess' sushi date night by myself!  It was very good and I am so glad they let me join them! Thanks guys! :) The hubs ended up working all weekend and even today, which is supposed to be his off day.  I know that he is beyond exhausted but the good thing about it is that he is making a LOT more money this week and that def helps us out! :)

Saturday, some of my girls (Jess, Mere, Maria and Bethany) were supposed to go to Pepper Place (it's a famers market here in Birmingham), eat some brunch and then head out to the pool.  Well, Mother Nature had her own plans and so we decided the skip the farmers market all together and go straight to brunch. 

We went to Jacksons in SoHo for some tasty mimosas and I think we all stayed a little too long at the fair, if you know what I mean! :) 





Afterwards, we made our way down the block a little ways to Momma G's for famous amazing nachos (doritos with melted pepper jack cheese adn jalapenos) and pitchers of beer! It really brought back memories from our AU days!  Oh the days...





The finish off our impromtu ladies pub crawl, we went to Feugo's for a margarita and some chips and salsa, cheese dip and guacamole!




Sunday I played Suzy home-maker and went grocery shopping, cleaned the house, did laundry and had dinner cooked when the hubs got home. :)  So like I said, it wasn't what we expected, but we made it through and it only leaves me looking more forward to this upcoming weekend now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment