8/5/10

You make me smile

Love that song by the way...it is one of my favs right now...(it's by Uncle Kracker for those of you not so hip) :)

I have tried all day long to not get on here today and just rant about all the things like work or traffic or bad mortgage companies that take an extra mortgage payment out of your account "by mistake"  and won't give you your money back for another week (oops sorry I let that one slip-I hate you Bank of America!-I digress) that have really gotten to me these last few days. I received and email today from one of my girlfriends (love you Mel) and it made me think of the positive things in life and the not dwell on the bad.  It said:
Life is short
Break the rules
Forgive quickly
Kiss slowly
Love truly
Laugh uncontrollably
and never regret anything that made you smile!

So instead I thought that I would do a little therapy and think of all of the postive things in my life that make me smile and get me through awful weeks like this one!

-the way you feel so accomplished after working out-I always feel so skinny afterwards, but thats also before reality sets in but it's nice for a little while :)

-the way that the hubs looks at me when I feel my least glamorous

-the nights when Wrigley is so hyped up, ready to play but the second the lights and TV go off, he goes to his bed and goes to sleep-usually followed by a funny little sound of his jaws flapping when he takes his last deep breathe :)

-the smell of a clean house with candles burning-I am OBSESSED with the ones from Bath and Body Works-they smell great and burn evenly! Love them!

-when you wear a cute sassy outfit to work (with freshly shaved legs) and you get a nice compliment first thing in the morning :)

-toenails painted a fun summery (not sure if that is even a word) color

-how excited Wrigs gets when I get home-it's like he hasn't seen me in years and missed me so much! I feel so loved!

There are obviously many many more, but these are just a few that get me by on a daily basis.  I may try to do a another post on some of the other more serious things in my life later. Who knows.
Hope everyone has a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment