8/11/10

Sante Fe Soup and Birthday Wishes

Sorry for the major slacking of the blog lately..I promise to get better at it! So here is the recipe  as promised.  Also you will note that I tend to measure like my grandmother so nothing is very exact with this-so just go with it!



Sante Fe Soup
1 lb ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 package of ranch dressing (this jsut adds an extra kick but is not necessary to make it)
1 can of corn (undrained)
1 can Rotel (undrained)
1 can black beans (undrained)
1/2 onion
1/2 bell pepper
about 1T of chili powder (dependign on how hot you like it)
1 cup water
1/2 can of petite diced tomatoes

**also you are welcome to add 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can of pinto beans to it, but we just don't at the Thompson house b/c I am not a huge fan of beans! **

Let the soup simmer for about an hour  and add sour cream and cheese to serve.  (Also it tastes 100% better the next day after it sits for a while) Enjoy!

On a completely different note, I want to wish my sweet friend Ashley (you are still AshBomb to me!) a very Happy Birthday!  (I'm so mad I don't have any pictures of her beautiful face with me here at work but I will try to update when I get home) I hope that you have the best day ever and I miss you terribly!  Ashley lives in New York and even though we don't get to see each other very often she is one of my near and dear friends that I have known since our Auburn days!  Ashley-you are one of the sweetest, funniest, prettiest girls I have ever met and I am so glad that we became friends so many years ago! I am sad that I can't be there with you on your birthday but I hope it is wonderful! XOXOXO

3 comments:

  1. That soup looks yummy - we make it but call it "taco soup"

    And happy happy birthday to ashbomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make it also and call it "taco soup" Tiff. So good!! Makes me want some now!! :)
    Love the new backgroud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well fine then, we will call it Taco Soup! :)Thanks I am still playing with the background and am not very technically inclined!

    ReplyDelete