7/6/10

4th of July Weekend Recap

Our weekend was wonderful!! Friday night kicked off the weekend great with a date with the hubs to eat Mexican (my fav) and then to run a few errands. No pics-not that exciting. :)

Saturday was prep day for the 4th-grocery shopping and making some delicious Memphis Cole Slaw (recipe coming soon)to go with the feast my parents had prepared for the next day! Saturday night we went to our friends Shane and Andrea's house to cook out and watch the UFC fight. I didn't take any pictures but we had a lot of fun just hanging out with everyone! :)

Sunday was the big day-we got up fairly early and headed on over to my parents house, which is where it seems we always go when it comes to summertime festivities! We hung out by the pool all day, grilled out some yummy food, and ended the evening with a fireworks show (which btw, Wrigley was not a fan of)!


Some of the crew



Jess and Matt, I mean Nick :) He stood as a good replacement since I couldn't locate Matt (they're twins by the way)!


Wrigley by the way was not a fan of the pool/swimming thing as you can tell

but he did enjoy laying out in the sun...

He was exhausted and still as of today (3 days later)will not wake up for more than a few minutes just to eat!


The whole fam watching the fireworks




Monday we were both off of work, which rarely happens now a days and we decided to go spend some time with our bro and sis in law and our nephews!

Hunter and Uncle Mitch "surfing"

Cuddling with Cohen



I have to say it really was an amazing weekend and I am so glad that I got to spend it with all of my friends and family (well minus a few dear friends-miss you and love you Tiffy and Ash)! Now it's back to the grind again and I am already looking forward to the jam-packed weekend we have coming up with a wedding and a birthday party! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics - looks like you guys had an awesome weekend! I wish we could have been there! Miss you guys! Wrigley in the pool is funny and Coop is NOT a fan of fireworks either. Poor little guys. Love that you got to love on Cohen too! And I love the fam pic! =) Love you!

    ReplyDelete