7/14/10

Lesson of the day...

I was not planning on blogging today but I have been left no other choice.

A week or so ago the hubs and I were at the local thrift store scoping everything out and came across this super cute wine cabinet.

Granted, it needed a little bit of TLC, some paint and new hardware but it was only, get this $40! Now, this was in between pay periods and we were trying to be responsible and spend what money we had wisely. (I know it was not that much but we are broke married folks) :) So we decided that we would come back later and if it was there, it was meant to be and if not, then we just weren't supposed to have it.

Well, the sweet hubs decided to go back up there on Monday (his off day) and see if it was still there...well as you guessed it, it was not meant to be. I was a little sad b/c I could really see it in our home looking all cute after we finished it's makeover but oh well, moving on. Today, I was browsing the web (instead of working which is what I excel at these days):) casually looking for wine cabinets and this is what I come across...


Yep , you guessed it, the cabinet that we saw a few weeks ago at the thrift store only it was $899!!!! WHAT?! And get this, it was at Walmart of all places-I didn't even think Walmart carried anything that was that expensive! So basically by us trying to be responsible we actually got screwed out of a super cute wine cabinet! Really?! I digress...

So moral of the story...screw trying to be smart, if you see something that you like (especailly at the thrift store) buy it! :)

2 comments:

  1. That really stinks because that is super cute and a steal! But I'm sure you'll find something else great. I love finding treasures either at the thrift store or craigslist and giving them a little tlc to turn them into something cute and one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I was getting really excited about Mitch and I having our own little project to do together and I had already figured out how to blog about it as well! Sucks!

    ReplyDelete