8/22/12

Chow Down Around Town-Five

Last night we met up for our monthly Chow Down at a place called Five in Lakeview.  I have been wanting to go here for a while and was so excited I was able to make this one b/c it ended up being one of my fav places we've been!

The weather was perfect for sitting on the patio with a hint of fall in the air.  Tuesday night is ladies night and while that didn't help this preggo very much, the other ladies seemed to really enjoy the variety of drinks and I have to admit, they were very pretty and looked delicious!

We dove into the shrimp queso and baked avacado apps to get us started-the baked avacado was literally a half of an avacado with melted shrimp, bacon and some other yummy stuff on top-literally melted in your mouth!
My burger buddy Phoenix and I split the burger and it was more than enough food for both of us.  While they did split the double cheeseburger between us, they did not split the fries and side salad, so we each got our own full size portions! Score!
And then of course we had to end the night with this bowl of delicious goodness (aka white chocolate bread pudding)!
 I'm not sure how many calories are in it and I'm not sure I ever want to know, but believe me, its worth every bit of extra work you need to do the next day to burn it off!
Fabulous!

(from left to right: Jenn, Phoenix, Maria, Lauren, Alaina, Erica, Yours Truly, Jess, Mere and Ara)

No comments:

Post a Comment