8/3/12

27 Weeks



I want to apologize for the delay this week. We got back from vacay on Monday, had a doc appointment (glucose test = passed!) on Tuesday and on Wednesday the hubs was in a wreck at work. He is fine, (just an idiot texting probably and decided to t-bone their work truck), but was very shook up, so needless to say, we have been slightly preoccupied but here is our weekly update on little one. :)


How far along:

27 Weeks!
Last week in 2nd trimester!


Weight Gain:
2 lbs this week, 16 lbs total


Sleep:
still no complaints, but did realize on our trip to the beach that I truly love the Snoogle and miss it very much when I don't have it!



Best moment of the week: Vacay to the beach with my honey...by far! So relaxing and much needed. 
 Post to come...

Also, we finally decided on a name for our Sweet Pea...
Hollis Laine!
It is so wonderful to finally have a name for our Sweet Pea!
I have truly struggled with the thought (and still do to be honest) of naming a person something that they will be stuck with their entire life! It is so stressful which makes it that much more of a relief to finally be decided.  We love it! Now to get on with Hollis' nursery! :)


Food Cravings:
Obviously while at the beach you want some good seafood, so I was def looking forward to some of the gulf's finest! :)



Gender:
GIRL!!!

Movement:
Lots!
But I will tell you, our little one likes to play games.  I noticed the end of last week that she wasn't moving around as much as she normally does and mentioned it to Mitch.  Not that I was super concerned, jsut more aware I guess.
Well, I think she heard me talking about her and from then on has been doing jumping jacks in there ever since! :)

What I miss:
Not going to lie, a turkey sandwich  from Jersey Mike's still sounds pretty awesome, so I'm going to go ahead and put in a request for one after her arrival!
 Any takers?!

What I am looking forward to:
Well, this is my last week in the 2nd trimester and as much as I don't want to wish this wonderful time (and energy) away, I can't wait to stat the 3rd trimester and be that much closer to meeting Hollis!
Also, we go back in 2 weeks for our 4-D ultrasound and we can't wait to see her!
We are on the every 2 weeks visits from now until the last month...crazy how it flies by!






2 comments:

  1. Yay for Hollis! I can't believe how quick the time has flown by! She will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you are already in your 3rd trimester! Crazy...but so exciting! And I love her name. You look great, btw!

    ReplyDelete